Thursday, February 08, 2007

#8 - Floral Dream


When I was taking pictures back in high school, I discovered that I had a knack for taking floral photography. Granted, it isn't my favorite, but most of what I took, turned out pretty decent. And for me to say that about my own work says something. I was on the school paper and yearbook taking pictures of sports and candids and such. That's what I enjoyed, but they rarely turned out on any consistency as my florals did.

I took this at a local hobby and craft store. They had a bunch of fake flowers on display in various colors and sizes. I thought the explosion of color of the flowers would be a good shot. I picked up my phone, not sure why I didn't use my camera. As I was taking the shot, I was not happy with it. I couldn't crop out the store in the background, or the harsh lighting and was just pretty much unhappy with it when I initially took it. I wished I got my camera out and used it instead. But when I looked at them later, I thought they had a really cool effect going that I had not expected. It kind of looks like a dream or something in a fog. I liked it. And if I did use my digital camera, I probably would not of received the same effect. So there it goes that sometimes the best things started out as mistakes.

No comments: